colossalcon east 2017
A FIRST YEAR CON!! And such a good time too!!! Here’s how it was different from all the rest:
1. Colossalcon East takes place at a Kalahari Resort, which is WILD. America’s largest indoor waterpark is there, the hotel rooms are huge, there’s bars everywhere with giant cups and delicious drinks, and there’s tons of restaurants to choose from. The Kalahari staff was amazing.
2. Waterpark. A LAZY RIVER!! (My butt fell through the tube in the lazy river and I got stuck in the tube lmao so it was actually a pretty high stress river for me but I loved it) a huge wave pool!!! water slides!!! Swimsuit cosplay photoshoot opportunities!!
3. SWIM UP BARS?? Bars in a hot tub?? A BAR GROTTO?? DRINKING PINA COLADAS IN A HOT TUB!!
4. Very chill. The whole con was very chill. Everyone there, even the vendors and event staff seemed to be having a good time.
5. It’s in Pennsylvania, which is a pretty central location for northeast cosplayers which allowed me to see friends I barely ever see :,)
6. SWIMSUIT COSPLAYS
8. Did I mention the staff was nice??
9. A bitchin’ arcade.
10. The weird flea market!! It was where congoers were just settin up shop to sell their extra anime stuff. It was new and different.
As far as con organized events, I didn’t really do any of them lol. It was a first year con and very small, and the convention center is very small (it’s expanding in 2019) but just being at this very chill place with other weeaboo trash made for a good relaxing weekend. I can’t recommend this con enough, if you like swimming, drinking and friendship. It was the best weekend.