Dungeons & Dragons Descended to Hell and Back with Successful Weekend at D&D Live 2019
LOS ANGELES, Ca. – May 20, 2019 – The D&D community turned its many eyes to a studio in Los Angeles to watch the unveiling of a devilish new storyline to explore through an immersive in-person experience. Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus is the adventure everyone will be playing when it releases everywhere September 17, but D&D revealed even more stuff descending this year on its most-watched livestream event ever. D&D Live 2019: The Descent featured live D&D play from engrossing performers in more than 50 hours of original content broadcast live by streamers, podcasters, musicians and storytellers. All that amazing entertainment was watched by more than 1 million fans on Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, Twitter Video and Facebook Live.
On Twitch.tv/dnd, Fans watched more than 13.7 million minutes of D&D Live 2019 (equating to 26.2 years!) over the course of the whole weekend with a peak of 51k watching on Saturday night when Chris Perkins and Marisha Ray DMed in front of a rapt studio audience. Watch those games, and the reveal of the new D&D adventure Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus with more detail from the designers here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk_S8jU3Hhc.
All the momentum from D&D Live 2019: The Descent tempted fans to pre-order on Amazon – the new Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus Dice Set is ranked #1 in board games 3 days after it was announced!
D&D Live 2019: The Descent concluded with a fantastic rock music performance from bands like Cardioid, the Mountain Goats and Magic Sword – check out the video to the latter portion of the concert here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmoddxeyq4.
“The new Dungeons and Dragons adventure feels like a big deal, more than they have in the past — the infusion of celebrities being part of the reveal festivities, and popular culture embracing roleplaying in a way it hasn’t previously, have made these sorts of reveals much more electric.” – Cody Gravelle, Screen Rant
“#DNDLIVE 2019 is some of the most fun I’ve had in ages;” it was “a fan expo unlike any I’ve ever attended, and I hope more conventions and organizations take note” – Tres Dean, Geek.com
The full lineup with information on everything and everyone who performed at D&D Live 2019: The Descent can be found at dnd.wizards.com/dndlive2019.
Watch everything you missed now on video-on-demand here the D&D YouTube channel! Every roll of the twenty-sided die by an elven sorceress or a dragonborn paladin everything is viewable there or on this playlist here. More videos will be posted soon!
- Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus takes adventurers from the seedy streets of an iconic city into the first layer of the Nine Hells to see if it’s all worth redeeming. Developed by Chris Perkins, the adventure book is 256 pages of pure awesome, taking players from level 1 to 13. Fans will get to experience Baldur’s Gate like never before, as the city from the popular video game series slips even further under the sway of the corrupt powers and evil gods. Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus releases everywhere September 17 with a standard cover featuring a painting by Tyler Jacobsen, with an alternate cover designed by Hydro74 available only in game stores. More info: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/baldursgate_descent.
- Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus Dice & Miscellany allows you to descend in style. The custom dice pack includes a durable box with metallic accents that doubles as a felted dice tray. The Miscellany contains cards of game material fans can use as inspiration in telling the story of their journey through Avernus. The dice are gorgeous red and gold with metallic accents, and of course feature two d20s to roll disadvantage. More info: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/descent_dice.
- Battle for Baldur’s Gate, the first expansion for the wildly popular easy-to-learn, family-friendly card game Dungeon Mayhem is coming September 17. The new character options include new art from Jake Parker and the expansion brings in two brand new character decks from Baldur’s Gate history, featuring the beloved ranger Minsc with his miniature, giant space hamster, Boo, and the shapeshifting druid Jaheira from the Baldur’s Gate video game series. More info: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/battle-baldurs-gate
- Dungeons & Dragons vs. Rick and Morty: Tabletop Roleplaying Game Adventure – The world’s greatest roleplaying game meets television’s most dysfunctional family! What could possibly go wrong? Coming November 19, D&D has partnered with Adult Swim to bring this boxed set blending the world of Dungeons & Dragons with the mad narcissistic genius of Rick Sanchez’s power-gaming sensibilities, and it includes everything a Dungeon Master needs to channel their inner mad scientist and run a rickrolling adventure for up to 5 players, levels 1-3. More info: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/dungeons-dragons-vs-rick-and-morty
- The D&D Essentials Kit is a new introductory product meant to bring D&D to audiences interested in jumping into a fantasy story. A newly designed rulebook on-boards players by teaching them how to make characters, and the included adventure called “Dragon of Icespire Peak,” was written by Chris Perkins to introduce a new 1-on-1 rules variant. The D&D Essentials Kit will be available at most Target stores in North America on June 24 and everywhere else September 3 for $24.99. More info: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/essentials-kit
To find out more information on Dungeons & Dragons, Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus, and all these products, head to https://www.dungeonsanddragons.com and explore!